• Mathematical Proficiency for All Students: Toward a Strategic Research and Development Program in Mathematics Education
the RAND Mathematics Study Panel has proposed an R&D program supporting the improvement of mathematics proficiency among U.S. school students.
• The Nation’s Report Card – Mathematics
This site includes information on the mathematics achievement of American students as determined by the National Assessment of Educational Progress.
• The Math Forum
Resources for all levels of mathematics for teachers, students, parents, and researchers..
• Mathematics Education Partnership Program – Teacher/Student Resources
Sponsored by the National Security Agency, this site offers information about mathematics workshops for teachers and camps for students; a collection of lesson plans and worksheets on a for K-12 mathematics education on a variety of topics is also included.
• SCORE (Schools of California On-Line Resources For Education) Mathematics Internet Math Resources
• Math Central
A meeting place for K-12 math teachers maintained by faculty and students at the University of Regina in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.
• Mathematics Email Centre
An up-to-date summary of uses of email in mathematics education. Detailed information about math education-related discussion groups, email-based projects, and more.
• What Good is Math?
This site includes online activities that show students how math is used in daily life. Created by students at the University of Richmond.
• Math in Daily Life
This site explains how math impacts daily decision making as it explores math’s role in cooking, home decorating, savings and retirement, and more.
• Figure This! Math Challenges For Families
Provides interesting math challenges for middle school students to complete with their families. Three to four challenges are posted each month.
• SOS Mathematics
Provides math review material from Algebra to Differential Equations for high school, college, and adult learners.
• Platonic Realms Math Links Library
Contains links to K-12 sites, online journals, college math departments, and math-related topics.
• Journal of Online Mathematics and its Applications (JOMA)
A publication of the Mathematical Association of America.
• Math Teacher Chatboard at Teachers.net
This forum is dedicated to discussions among math educators.
• Public Discussions at The Math Forum
“The Math Forum’s Epigone discussion archives include mathematics and math education-related newsgroups, mailing lists, and Web-based discussions.”
A mailing list for questions and solving math problems.
Primarily for students, parents and teachers from middle grade to high school level. Suggested topics are: general math, learn math, resources, history and events, math/logic puzzles, geometry, math software and computing.
To subscribe, address an e-mail message in the following manner:
• Eisenhower National Clearinghouse for Mathematics and Science Education
The Ohio State University
1929 Kenny Road
Columbus, OH 43210-1079
Tel: 800/621-5785 or 614/292-7784
• National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
1906 Association Drive|
Reston, Virginia 20191-1593
Tel: 703) 620-9840
For Membership Applications: 800/235-7566
• Mathematical Sciences Education Board
National Research Council
2101 Constitution Avenue, NW (HA 450)
Washington, DC 20418