|Occupational Home Economics|
|School to Work – not available yet||Technology Education – not available yet|
• Career Academies: Impacts on Labor Market Outcomes and Educational Attainment (March 2004)
“This report describes how Career Academies influenced students’ capacity to improve their labor market prospects and sustain their engagement in post-secondary education programs in the four years following their expected graduation.” Produced by MDRC.
• Vocational/Career and Technical Education Resources
Resources on this page include links to general information about vocational education, career and technical education, and workforce preparation. You will also find resources for history of vocational education, current legislation news, statistics, associations, organizations and vocational teacher preparation programs.
• U.S. Department of Education: Career and Technical Education
• Features of Occupational Programs at the Secondary and Postsecondary Education Levels (June 2001)
“This report provides national estimates on occupational program offerings, the use of skill competencies, and other occupational program characteristics in public secondary schools and less-than-4-year postsecondary institutions.” Published by the National Center for Education Statistics. The report is available in pdf.
• Educational Standards and Curriculum Frameworks for Occupational/Business Education
A collection of resources with information on national and state occupational/business standards.
• New Seals Of Endorsement In Career Technical Education
“The purpose of this paper is to explore whether it is feasible to construct a new approach for developing a national network of educators and employers representatives to jointly develop course content driven by assessments.” Available as a pdf document.
• Vocational School Database
A database of Private Postsecondary Vocational Schools in all 50 states. It is organized first by State, then by Training occupation.
• Learning and Earning
Information on education and future earning potential. Includes links to: Starting Salaries (how much money people can make when they start their first job), Where Your Paycheck Goes (how to manage finances by making a budget), and Be Your Own Boss (information about starting your own business).
• The Journal of Career and Technical Education
This online journal is a resource for vocational and technical education. (Prior to Volume 16, Number 2, this journal was published as the Journal of Vocational and Technical Education.)
• National Association of State Directors of Career and Technical Education
444 North Capitol St., N.W. #830
Washington, D.C. 20001
Phone: (202) 737-0303
Fax: (202) 737-1106
• The National Dissemination Center for Career and Technical Education
The Ohio State University
1900 Kenny Road
Columbus, OH 43210-1090
Phone: (614) 292-9931
Fax: (614) 688-3258
• The National Research Center for Career and Technical Education
University of Minnesota
1954 Buford Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108-6197
Phone: (612) 624-3000
Fax: (612) 624-7757