• Catholic Educator’s Resource Center
Links to articles dealing with current issues in the Catholic education.
• Internet Resources for the Study and Teaching of Theology
• Navigating Religion in the Classroom
This article highlights new thinking on the role of religion in the classroom and offers four general guidelines for educators: (1) focus on studies about religion, not the practice of religion; (2) be academic, not devotional; (3) strive for student awareness of religions, but not press for student acceptance of any religion; (4) expose students to a diversity of religious views, but not impose any particular view.
• Religion and Public Schools
This site from the U.S. Department of Education includes guidelines, publications and resources on the topics of religious expression in public schools and faith community support of children’s learning.
• Religious Education Tolerance Association Webring and Network List of Sites
• Religion in the Public Schools
Extensive resources for teachers who want to add religion to their curriculum.
• Religious Resources on the Internet
Large directory of links to educational resources for all major religions.
• Supreme Court Archives – Religion Cases
This site allows you to search through historic Supreme Court decisions on religion and education.
• Teaching Religion in Public Schools
The site provides academic information and teaching materials geared toward public school educators. Information focuses on teachers maintaining religious neutrality in the classroom.
• Yahoo! Religion in the Public Schools
A collection of online resources focusing on the place of religion in public schools.
• Islamic Foundation of North America (IFNA)
Web site includes links to the following resources that promote accurate and appropriate Islamic education: Islamic education FAQs, Islamic education K-12 curricula, syllabi, and other education resources, Ask an Islamic Scholar, Ask a Teacher, and more.
P.O. Box 541146
Flushing, NY 11354
• Jewish Education Service of North America (JESNA)
Includes links to resources that promote accurate and appropriate Jewish education.
111 Eighth Avenue, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10011-5201
• National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Includes links to resources that promote accurate and appropriate Catholic education.
1077 30th Street, N.W., Suite 100
Washington, DC 20007-3852