• Educational Standards and Curriculum Frameworks for Health
A collection of resources with information on national and state health standards.
• Health Education Resources for K-12 from the Department of Applied Health Science Indiana University-Bloomington
A collection of online resources on a variety of health education topics.
A comprehensive K-12 health education curriculum consisting of almost 300 lesson guides that meet National Health Education Standards and provide skills-based assessment methods.
• Health Education – A Curriculum Guide for the Elementary Level (Grades 1-5) Aug. 1998
This guide includes objectives, instructional approaches, assessment & evaluation, planning guidelines, sample unit plans, and suggested activities.
• Elementary Health and Physical Education
Health concepts/objectives for grades PreK-4.
• Health Resources K-12
A collection of web sites on a variety of health topics including alcohol & drugs, the human body, nutrition, safety, and more.
• ERIC Digest–National Standards for School Health Education
Discussion list for professional health educators and masters students in the field of health ed.
To subscribe, address an e-mail message in the following manner:
subscribe HEDIR-L YourFirstName YourLastName
HEDIR homepage: (includes archives, web-based message board, etc.) http://www.hedir.org
• American School Health Association
Professional association for health educators, school nurses; publishes a
wide variety of books and the Journal of School Health.
P.O. Box 708
7263 State Route 43
Kent, OH 44240
Tel: (216) 678-1601
Fax: (330) 678-4526
• American Association for Health Education
Professional association for health educators; publishes books and the Journal of Health Education.
1900 Association Drive
Reston, VA 20191-1599
Toll Free: 1/800-213-7193