• Identifying & Treating Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): A Resource for School and Home
Written for parents and educators, this booklet explains the following aspects of ADHD: identification, treatment options, legal requirements, and ways in which ADHD might affect student performance. Available in .doc or .pdf formats.
• LD In-Depth: ADD/ADHD
A collection of online resources for parents and teachers with information on children with ADD/ADHD.
• Medicating Kids
The web companion to a PBS Frontline report on diagnosing and treating ADHD. Offers the complete broadcast, profiles of four families, professional readings on drug therapy and the controversy surrounding the definition and diagnosis of ADHD, interview transcripts, and more.
• Treatment of the School-Aged Child With Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
“This clinical practice guideline provides evidence-based recommendations for the treatment of children diagnosed with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.” From the American Academy of Pediatrics.
• Suggested Classroom Interventions For Children With ADD & Learning Disabilities
This page provides some practical suggestions for handling specific behaviors and meeting the needs of cognitively impulsive children. From the Child Development Institute.
• Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
This NICHCY Briefing Paper is intended to serve as a guide to help parents and educators know what ADD is, what to look for, and what to do.
• National Institute of Mental Health – Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
The booklet offers information on attention deficit disorders, including treatment options, strategies for coping, and sources of information and support.
• ERIC Digest – Teaching Children with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: Update 1998
• ERIC Digest – Providing an Appropriate Education to Children with Attention Deficit Disorder (1992)
To subscribe, address an e-mail message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the message body: subscribe addult Your First and Last Name
Discussion list for spouses and significant others of adults with ADD.
To subscribe, address an e-mail message in the following manner:
subscribe ADD-Mate YourFirstName YourLastName
• Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorders (CH.A.D.D.)
8181 Professional Place, Suite 201
Landover, MD 20785
Tel: 301/306-7070 (call for number of your local CHADD group)
Toll Free: 800/233-4050 (call for number of your local CHADD group)
• Adult ADHD Clinic
University of Massachusetts Medical Center
Department of Psychiatry
55 Lake Avenue
North Worcester, MA 01655