• Helping Children Understand Divorce
Presents information for parents helping their child through a divorce. Provides strategies for parents, a short bibliography of related children’s books, and a list of other places to look for help.
• Divorce Magazine: The Reading Room
Presents several articles with information for parents helping their children cope with divorce.
• Childhood Antecedents of Interpersonal Problems in Young Adult Children of Divorce
This article from the “Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry” examined the long-term effects of parental divorce on interpersonal problems and identified specific experiences associated with the problems.
• A Kid’s Guide to Divorce
This article presents information on divorce and how kids can help themselves and others.
• Practical Parenting…Tips to Grow On
Parents Without Partners offers guidelines for single parents on coping and grieving, communicating with children, child discipline, visitation, legal issues, and social considerations.
• BBC Education – Children of Divorce
This site is designed to help parents and children who may be dealing with a divorce.
• ERIC Digest – Helping Children Cope with Divorce: The School Counselor’s Role (1986)
• Divorcesupport.com – Chat
“Chat about general divorce subjects or visit rooms geared to supporting those dealing with domestic violence.”