• Brochures About Survey Research
These brochures provide an overview of survey design. They are provided by the American Statistical Association.
• Scientific Research in Education (2002)
This report identifies the guiding principles and features of education research. From the Committee on Scientific Principles for Education Research.
• The Knowledge Base: An Online Research Methods Textbook
An online textbook for an introductory course in research methods. Topics covered include:
What Is Research?, The Research Context, Formulating the Research Problem, Validity in Research, Evaluation Research, Data Analysis, more.
• The Qualitative Research Page
Includes syllabi for research courses, research ethics, research paradigms/genres/methods, computer software for conducting research, interpreting and representing research, more.
• Publishing Educational Research: Guidelines and Tips
This resource is provided by the American Educational Research Association and includes information on writing for publication, ethics and etiquette, the culture of publishing, and choosing a journal.
• AERA Registry of Educational Researchers
Search by region, state, country, name, area of research interest, or view the complete list of educational researchers.
• Conducting Research Surveys via E-mail and the Web (2001)
This report describes the advantages and disadvantages of online surveys and provides suggestions for effective use. Published by RAND.
• Action Research
Extensive collection of articles and links on action research.
• Educational Action Research
A refereed international journal concerned with exploring the unity between educational research and practice. Articles become available in full text 12 months after publication.
• Action Research International
A refereed on-line journal of action research. It has a distinguished international editorial panel, and is sponsored by the Institute of Workplace Research Learning and Development (WoRLD) within the School of Social and Workplace Development (SaWD) and by Southern Cross University Press.
• ERIC Digest: How To Write a Scholarly Research Report (1999)
• ERIC Digest — ERIC as a Resource for the Teacher Researcher (1995)
• ERIC Digest — Teacher-As-Researcher (1993)
• ERIC Digest — Meta-Analysis in Educational Research (1991)
Teacher researcher discussion list.
To subscribe, address an e-mail message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the message body: subscribe xtar Your First and Last Name
Qualitative research discussion.
To subscribe, address an e-mail message to: email@example.com
In the message body: subscribe qualrs-l Your First and Last Name
• American Educational Research Association
An international professional organization with the primary goal of advancing educational research and its practical application. Web site contains a directory of educational researchers.
1230 17th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036