• Guidelines for the Development and Management of Performance Assessments
Practical Assessment, Research & Evaluation, 5(7), 1996
“These guidelines are provided to offer guidance to district and state policy makers and assessment directors concerning some of the issues of managing the development, administration, and use of performance assessments in large-scale assessment programs.”
• Four Things to Consider About Performance Assessments
By Stanley Rabinowitz
From the December 2001 edition of The School Administrator.
• Electronic Portfolios in the K-12 Classroom
This Education World article provides an overview of electronic portfolios, guidelines for developing a portfolio program, and a collection of related online resources.
• Alternative Assessment
From the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory’s Pathways to School Improvement Series
• Assessment Rubrics
A collection of assessment rubrics for a variety of subject areas and grade levels.
• The Staff Room – Rubrics
Contains links to assessment rubrics in a variety of subject areas.
• Dr. Helen Barrett’s favorite links on Alternative Assessment & Electronic Portfolios
Areas covered include: Higher Ed and Professional portfolios, K-12 portfolios, electronic teaching portfolios, commercial electronic portfolio/assessment resources, bibliographies, readings, more.
• ERIC Digest – Implementing Performance Assessment in the Classroom (1998)
• ERIC Digest – Electronic Portfolios: A New Idea in Assessment (1995)
• ERIC Digest – Creating Meaningful Performance Assessments (1995)