• Manual on School Uniforms
The manual was prepared by the U.S. Department of Education in consultation with local communities & the U.S. Department of Justice.
• School Uniforms: Why and How
Presents the results of a February 1998 survey of elementary and middle school principles in 10 states conducted by the National Association of Elementary School Principals. Includes links to two other NAESP resources on school uniforms at the bottom of the page.
• Education World: School Uniforms: Panacea or Band-Aid?
• Student Rights: Dress Codes and Uniforms
From the ACLU, articles and press releases related to school uniform conflicts.
• Uniforms Cover Only the Edge Of the Problem In Schools
• Should school uniforms be mandated in elementary schools?
• ERIC Digest: Student Dress Policies (1998)