• Children’s Social Behavior in Relation to Participation in Mixed-Age or Same-Age Classrooms
An article by Diane E. McClellan and Susan J. Kinsey, published in the journal Early Childhood Research and Practice.
• Multiage Grouping: Lifeline to Children At-Risk?
A brief article by Diane McClellan, reviewing research related to multiage grouping and at-risk students.
• Enhancing Learning Through Multiage Grouping
Discusses multiage grouping as an alternative to the conventional graded classroom. This information is provided by the North Central Regional Educational Laboratory.
• Nongraded Primary Education
From the School Improvement Research Series.
• Multiage-Education.com: Multiage Links
A collection of online resources for teachers of multiage classrooms.
• ERIC Digest – Multiage Grouping and Academic Achievement (2001)
• ERIC Digest – Building Support for Multiage Education (1997)
• Multiage Classroom Chatboard
“This forum is dedicated to discussions of educational environments featuring a multiage classroom.”