“ReadyWeb is an electronic collection of resources on school readiness sponsored by the Early Childhood and Parenting (ECAP) Collaborative, College of Education, at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.”
• School Readiness: School Readiness, Reading and Health Affairs
Website created and maintained by the Southern Regional Education Board. List of resources for and about school readiness.
• Getting Ready: the School Readiness Indicators Initiative
State indicators related to school readiness including reports, articles, and web resources.
• Emotions Matter: Making the Case for the Role of Young Children’s Emotional Development for Early School Readiness
Social Policy Report published by the Society for Research in Child Development.
• Set for Success: Building a Strong Foundation for School Readiness Based on the Social-Emotional Development of Young Children
“This post-conference report compiles seven papers that present the latest scientific findings on the importance of social and emotional school readiness.” From the Kauffman Foundation, available in .pdf format.
•Helping Your Child Get Ready for School
A publication in the “Helping Your Child” series from the U.S. Department of Education.
• School Readiness: Helping Communities Get Children Ready for School and Schools Ready for Children
What does school readiness mean? And how do communities know whether they’ve achieved it? Child Trends developed this Research Brief and other tools to help communities invest wisely in school readiness initiatives.
• ERIC Digest: School Readiness and Children’s Developmental Status
• ERIC Digest: Collaboration: The Prerequisite for School Readiness and Success