Lesson Plan #: AELP-RDG0033
Submitted by: Haley Lyn David
School/University/Affiliation: Texas A&M University
Date: April 29, 1999
Grade Level(s): 1, 2, 3
- Language Arts/Reading
- Language Arts/Writing (composition)
Duration: three 45 minute sessions Description: This lesson is to enhance student reading and writing skills by writing a short paragraph about their day at school.
Goals: The student will learn reading and writing skills in developing his/her own language by making a personal reflection of their experiences.
Objectives: The student will:
1) write about their usual day at school
2) read their story to the class with an illustration
3) recognize the importance of communication through reading and writing
Materials: general art supplies and paper
1) The teacher will have an open discussion about the average day at school to present the lesson.
2) The presentation can be done with a power point slide show to exhibit the importance of reading and writing, and to give an example of the project.
3) The students will then write as much as they can about their average day at school.
4) The student will draw a picture to illustrate their paragraph.
5) The student will read the paragraph aloud to the class and explain their illustrations.
Assessment: The student will assess their own learning by reading their own hand writing aloud to the class.